
So this morning, I went to get the paint that we decided on after looking at 15 million different shades of purple from the paint example thingies I picked up at home depot last night. Who knew there were so many shades of the same color? So after narrowing it down to 5 purples, I taped them all up to the wall in Katelyn's room and chose one. When I got the paint this morning, it sort of looked too light. But once I got two coats on the wall, it's the perfect shade of purple! I took Madison to my mom's house, opened the window, turned on a fan and the radio and I was in business. I taped the baseboards and gordon took the faceplates off last night so today I'd be ready to paint. He didn't think it was such a great idea for me to paint, but I told him I had a mask...though I didn't use it...gets too hot. But I'm not one to sit around and ask others to do something for me. however, Gordon will have to paint the very top of the wall, bc I know it's dangerous for me to climb up on a ladder to do it myself- but don't think I didn't consider doing it myself! lol
So two hours and ten minutes later, I was all done painting...two coats...edges, corners and all. The only thing left to do is the very top and the inside of the window. I couldn't get the blinds off for some reason, so that will have to be done when Gordon does the top of the walls. I'll give it a day or two to dry, then we'll put up the border. By the end of this week, I want to finish several things:
1. paint the room
2. put up the border
3. put the furniture in the room
4. put Katelyn's clothes/diapers in the dresser
That is my goal for this week. By the time I get done this week, I'll NEED that prenatal massage Madison gave me for Christmas!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment