Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pee pee in the POT-TY!

I have not been rushing Madison into potty training, bc i figure, when she's ready she's ready. She's shown interest for a long time, but she'd just sit there and not do anything, so she really didn't have the control over her muscles. This morning, she asked to go and I took her, not expecting much, in fact I was on the phone with Amy at the time, and Madison actually REALLY went potty this time!!! She was anxious to pour the tub from her potty into the big toilet, so I told her to wait. Gordon said, "you have to wait a minute, I'm sure mommy wants to take a picture". I hadn't thought about it, but hey, that was a pretty good idea! lol So I took the picture of course, and she was so thrilled to pour her bucket into the potty and then to flush it.
Well, as my mom and I were trying to prepare some dishes ahead of time, for Christmas Eve dinner, Madison decided she wanted to use the potty a few times. Sometimes it was a few drops and I'd ask if she could put more peepee in the potty and she'd say yes and do more, or say no and she'd be done. She is a very decisive little girl. She'll let you know what she thinks! She was thrilled to get jelly beans....her favorite thing...as a treat when she went potty! She is such a big girl!

No comments: