Friday night, we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. I distinctly remember that evening as the kids were playing, that my teeth felt uncomfortable...not like really hurting just sort of a twinge. By Saturday morning, I felt like I had a really bad cavity. I took tylenol, motrin, etc. By Saturday night, it was so bad, I took some leftover pain meds from when I had the baby. I was taking those and figured I'd call my dentist Monday morning. They always can get me in. The pain was so excruciating. So I called and for the first time ever, they couldn't get me in. The pain was so bad I just looked up a dentist online and went to her bc I HAD to get the cavity fixed YESTERDAY!!!
So I went that afternoon, and was actually devastated when they told me it WASN'T a cavity!! I was seriously hoping it was, bc then I knew they'd numb me up, fix it up and I'd be on my way, pain free. But that was not to be. She showed me the xray and showed how the sinus cavity sits right on top of that back tooth, where I thought I had a cavity. I had been having sinus congestions for 2-3 weeks, but was just waiting for it to go away. I guess it turned into a sinus infection. So the dentist gave me a script for a zpak sinus meds. But by Thursday, it was still hurting a LOT and I was nearly out of the pain meds she gave me, so I called for a refill. They said they'd refill it but if it wasn't better by Monday, I might need to see an endodontist bc maybe its a hairline fracture on the tooth that they couldn't see. I was just terrified of running out of pain meds through the weekend. I had been taking motrin, tylenol, hydrocodone alternately and then i'd take a tylenol PM at night, bc if i was alseep, it didnt hurt! oh, and it was pretty nice to sleep that deeply! By Monday, it was still hurting...not as bad, but definitely still hurting, but by wednesday it went away....good thing, too, bc i go back to work on Monday!!!
hmmm, a sinus infection disguised as a toothache...who knew?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment