Monday, June 21, 2010

My Poor Katelyn!!!

I went to the gym today and about halfway through the class, the daycare people came to look for me (which they always do if they need you). Well, the lady looked concerned and as soon as I left my class, she told me that Katelyn had been bitten pretty badly. So I rushed down there and I was NOT prepared for what I saw. It looked like my poor baby girl had been mauled by another kid. This was no "BITE" this looked more like the kid chewed on her face or something! I CRIED when I saw that. The lady said, "she was just going down the slide on the little climber, and the other kid attacked her when she got to the bottom". I demanded to speak to a manager (after putting another icepack on her...she wasn't even crying by the time I got down there....I guess it had been a few minutes, as they had already gotten the other mom and sent her and the kid packing, before they came to get me). They hadn't shown the other parent the damage, and I wanted it documented, and nobody there had a camera (the manager did, but apparently she was on her way there, but had the camera locked up), so I took a pic.

This is what I saw when I got down there...


We went home, she took a nap, and when she woke up, it looked like this:


It clearly broke the skin, so I called the doctor and they said to bring her in. They gave her antibiotics to take for 10 days, and I bought some mederma to put on it, bc it looks like it might scar. So now for the next 3 months (according to the package directions) I need to put that on her 3x a day. Nice. But at least Katelyn doesn't seem to be bothered by it, so it doesn't seem to be hurting her (anymore). I just feel so bad for her, and was especially worried bc she JUST had surgery to put tubes in her ears a week ago....and what if that kid got a hold of her earring?! *shudder* I just have to put the "what ifs" out of my mind....at least she is happy...my sweet girl is giving kisses in the mirror on the exam table at the doctor's office...

Between the doctor visit, the antibiotics and the mederma, that just cost me $45! Not that I mind paying any amount of money to make sure my baby is okay, but that gym and that parent are going to be paying for this. That is just not right. The kid has been suspended for a few days, which according to their policy (first time: sent home for the day, next bite: suspended, next bite: suspended, next bite: suspended for a week...) that tells me this is NOT the first time this kid has bit. Apparently it's a two year old...they need to nto allow this kid back in the daycare, or if they choose to do so, they need to have someone shadow this kid!!!

This happened on June 21, about a week and a half ago, and I haven't been back bc I'm afraid to leave her there! My mom even cried when she saw it and just said she'd watch her so i wouldnt' have to take her back to the daycare (but she goes to the gym, too, in the mornings like I do, and besides, as much as we pay for this gym, AND the kids' memberships, it BETTER be a secure environment for my kiddos!!!).

No comments: