With all of the toys there, Katelyn (the monkey) preferred climbing on and off the chairs. Madison and I played a few rounds of princess memory, and Katelyn found a door, yes, a door toy to play with (really? they make just a DOOR?!).
Then it was time for us to go back, so I went back with her and they gave her a nasal sedative, which made her pretty relaxed ( my friend said they're so out of it, King Kong could come take them and they wouldnt bat an eye...I wouldnt say it affected Katelyn THAT much, but she didn't even whine when they started wheeling her back, which normally, she would have). I put her Curious George (her lovey) and her blanket on her bed and they wheeled her away...
I walked down a very long hallway to the surgery waiting room where my parents were waiting with Andrew. My mom was feeding him, so I took him to finish, and hadn't even sat down for maybe 4 minutes before Dr. Palmer was out looking for me to tell me everything went great, he was done and she had no current infection! Wow, that was fast!!! Gordon went on to work, since she was just going to be sleeping until she woke up from the anesthesia in the PACU (post anesthesia Care unit). Now, they say kids freak out afterwards, just disoriented, and it takes about 20 minutes for them to calm down. wow. Not Katelyn! I mean she DID freak out, but it certainly wasn't 20 minutes! The poor girl was screaming for a solid HOUR!!! They even had to give her another nasal sedative to calm her. She wouldnt even let me hold her for long. She'd crawl out of my arms back onto the bed, then holding her George, she'd ALMOST fall asleep...then realize she was asleep and wake up screaming again! I went to get my dad to see if he had better luck...Katelyn adores him, as he does her. Well, she finally let him hold her and she'd fall asleep on his shoulder, but the MINUTE he tried to sit down, or even lean against the bed, she woke up crying/screaming again! So he just held her for a long time, as they were getting us discharged. He held her and walked her all the way to the car, where I had to fight a screaming baby to get her in her carseat. After we got home, she took a FIVE HOUR nap and when she got up, she was perfectly fine. I'm so glad its over and I hope it helps her speech and keeps the ear infections AWAY!!!
Getting checked in:

the girls in the playroom:
THE door.
tons of rounds of memory with my big girl

Wheeling Katelyn away! She looks so wittle on that big stretcher!

when she got out of surgery, even George had band aids (well, cotton balls with tape) on his ears, as if HE had also had ear surgery! How sweet...only at a children's hospital!


Katelyn after waking up from her 5 hour nap! She was back to her normal curious self!




No comments:
Post a Comment