Saturday, March 6, 2010

Andrew Conner...One Week Old

Today, Andrew Conner is one week old! He is sleeping very well, only wakes up to eat then most times goes back to sleep...sometimes he takes a while to go back to sleep or I have to hold him/lay with him in order for him to sleep. He's SUCH a good baby! He only wakes to eat and poop...well, I take that back, he even poops in his sleep...quite loudly. So much so, that we call him "little squirt" because that's what he does! Just like Katelyn...we also nicknamed her Squirt when she was tiny! lol Today, he was nursing and "squirted" so loudly that he scared himself!!! lol

He was eating every 3 hours at first, but since he was spitting up a lot, they told me to back down to feeding every 2 hours (which makes doing anything soooooo hard! Every time I turn around, two hours has passed!). I also try to keep him sitting upright for a while after eating and put a towel under his bassinett mattress pad. He's definitely spitting up less than he had been doing. Right now, he's asleep, swaddled up, sitting in his carseat by me, until I'm ready for bed.

We're still trying to find a paci he likes. We bought a few different ones after he didn't like the nuk ones I had. It's like he hasn't learned how to suck yet (though his nursing skills beg to differ...that kid can suck!!!). :) He'll have the paci in his mouth, but then he still cries, like he can't tell it's in his mouth or something. *shrug*

Andrew was supposed to be a linebacker...the kid was 7lbs, 4 oz at my 36 week checkup and was supposed to be near 9.5lbs at birth, so we opted to induce a week early to keep from giving birth to a freakin toddler! Well, he came on his own, two weeks early and was only 7lbs, 8oz, which is actually smaller than Katelyn was; she was 7bs 9oz. He's such a tiny little guy. Even his little swaddle blanket seems huge on him. I have to wrap him in a hospital receiving blanket, then wrap the swaddler around him...guess it helps "bulk him up" enough that the swaddler doesn't swallow him!

He's a little more alert this week. His eyes are definitely a deep, deep blue (now that he opens them more, we can tell! lol) and his hair is a sandy blonde color, though sometimes it looks darker, where he has more hair, we still can't really see his eyelashes/eyebrows unless we really look for them. Not sure if he'll turn out more blonde or darker haired...time will tell, I guess! Gordon was blonde as a kid, so who knows. He does have a cleft chin, I think they call it, where there is a little dimple on his chin. I'm told one of the parents have to have that in order for the baby to, and upon inspection, I guess I have a very slight one, though I've never noticed it before! lol

I'm so happy to have my little man and can't wait for him to grow and get old enough to really play and enjoy his sisters. Madison is in love with him and wants to hold him. She likes to talk to him, especially in the car, when she's sitting next to him. Katelyn is very curious about him and wants to touch a lot. I think she thinks he's one of her baby dolls! She also tries to steal his paci!

I think they'll all have so much fun together once he's old enough to interact with them.

No comments: