Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring!!!

Well, now this is interesting. Here it is, the first day of spring, and it's SNOWING! It's been about 35 degrees all day and now it's snowing...just flurries and not constantly..maybe 10 mins at a time, but really big flakes. Now that's just weird. Did someone forget to tell Mother Nature that this is TEXAS?! Ugh. I JUST put away all of the girls' winter clothes that they have outgrown and got some really cute springy outfits, then it gets cold. Um, excuse me, but my kids have some very cute outfits to wear and I'd appreciate some spring weather, Mr. Weatherman! kthanks!!!

Well, yesterday, Andrew let me put him down in the crib at my mom's house. He likes to be held a lot, like Katelyn did...but not to the extent that she did, thank goodness! He'll sit in the swing or the cradle thing for a while by himself, but usually he has to be asleep before I can put him down. With Katelyn, even if she was asleep, she'd wake up the instant I let go of her! Andrew slept for a while in the crib and I got to spend some time with Katelyn. I tried to put her down for a nap a little earlier, but she was having none of it. But at least she just played in there for a while, so she did get some downtime, and hopefully she wont be incredibly cranky since she didnt want to nap. I was telling my mom that Madison was always SUCH a good sleeper. Even when she didn't want to sleep, she'd always play happily in her crib for an hour or so, and that way, I could get some rest since I was tired (though I don't know WHY on earth I'd be tired...I only had ONE kid! I didnt KNOW what tired was!!! lol).

I met my mom for lunch today and when I got there, my mom had run into my cousins, so we all had lunch together. Andrew was so good, and he just slept the whole time. Then my mom and I stopped by Target to get a few things and went back to her house. Andrew is SUCH a good baby! He just about sleeps through everything (including church...which involves a live band singing songs to open the service), and just lays there. Though when he's hungry, the kid is HUUUUUUNNNNNNGRY! He goes from zero to starving in about 2.3 seconds flat! Better be ready to feed him!!! lol Its a little hard, just becuase he eats every 2 hours, like Madison did and that's tiring because by the time I finish feeding him and then change him, its about 20-30 minutes, then it's only an hour and a half until he needs to eat again! So I have to hurry and get out the door the second he's done...then if I have Madison and Katelyn home, its even harder bc I have to get them dressed, ready to get out the door, and get them in the car...by that time, its another 15 minutes that are gone on the countdown...so I basically have one hour to get to the store/run errands and be home so the baby can eat again! A lot of times, I'll go shopping with my mom and she helps a lot! I've spent time in a dressing room feeding Andrew...sometimes my mom is with me, so she takes Katelyn (Madison is at school) while I go feed him. But sometimes I've had to take my shopping cart in the dressing room and K sits there while I feed Andrew. That works out becuase then I am already at the store and dont "waste" time trying to pack the kids in the car and get to the store...so I have more time to shop, etc! lol

Hopefully, soon he'll go back to eating every 3 hours. He was eating every 3 hours since he came home from the hospital, but at his checkup a few days later, he had lost too much weight and was spitting up a lot. They told me to feed him more often and just burp him more, then to make sure he was sitting up or inclined for 45mins after eating. He's spitting up a lot less now that he's three weeks old, so maybe he'll be up to 3 hrs pretty soon...

He does cry every time we get in the car. None of my kids have EVER been big fans of the infant seat. Never. All of them have cried for the first 5-10 mins of any car ride. That stinks. I did find that a swaddle blanket I got for my shower has a hole for the belt buckle, so I've been buckling him in his carseat, then wrapping him with the swaddle blanket and that has been helping. He may cry when I put him in the carseat, but usually by the time we start going in the car, he'll be more content. I'd say about 85% of the time, he doesnt cry now. Sometimes he does, but it's definitely much better! I dont remember hold old the girls were when they outgrew that, but I hope its soon, bc that makes for a stressful car ride, since I feel so bad for the little guy and there's nothing I can do to help him! Big sister Madison tries to give him his paci, and she pushes the button on the carseat thing to play music for him...(she's such a WONDERFUL, sweet big sister!!! she tells him, "We're going, Andrew!" or "we're almost there!" lol)...but sometimes he's just not interested. *sigh* He still doesn't LOVE the "regular" pacis, but he likes this other paci that is more bulbous...perhaps as he gets older I can "train" him to like the regular paci, like I did with Katelyn! lol

No comments: