Thursday, March 4, 2010

Juggling Act

Today, Gordon left to go get his oil changed, then he was going to pick up Madison and Katelyn, who were at preschool and my mom's. Well, since he was gone for quite a while, I fed Andrew and even gave him a sponge bath...for the most part. I did run the water over his head to wash his hair, and he did not love when it got on his face. I finished giving him a bath then my mom came over with Katelyn and Gordon got home with Madison not too long after that. Then when my mom left, Gordon went with Madison to get dinner for us and that left me with the two babies...whoa. I was feeding Andrew, Katelyn hadn't finished her bottle and the poor thing was trying to feed herself, but couldn't get the bottle up enough since it was half gone. So I got her up on the couch next to me and was feeding her and Andrew at the same time. Then he was knocked out in a milk coma, so I put him in the swing, and fed her some carrots. I even had time to blog a bit before they got home.

This is definitely going to be challenging and keep my on my toes...This newborn stage is so hard. It's like surviving the day and just waiting in between feedings for Andrew. It just wears me out. After hes a few weeks old and can hold his head up enough to lay on the floor and play it might get easier...especially as his feedings become more spread out. It's hard right now bc everytime I turn around it's time to feed him again, which makes it hard bc I'm nursing him, so nobody can help with that.

On the plus side, I weighed myself the day I got home from the hospital (and my feet were still swollen like pufferfish) and today I weighed myself again, since I can now see my veins/blood vessels in my feet again and they're not AS puffy....apparently it was mostly water weight bc I've lost 16 pounds since we came home on Monday..and it's only Thursday!!! lol That's right folks, SIXTEEN pounds in 3 days...talk about awesome! Mostly water weight, but I'm sure nursing helps...it always does. When I'm nursing the weight just melts off...at first anyways. Let's hope this trend continues! :)

No comments: