Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Katelyn is ONE!!!

Here are some pics of Katelyn...not necessarily in order, bc blogger stinks with uploading and rearranging pics, so here ya go!


My baby girl, almost a year old...in the hospital visiting her brand new baby brother!

She's a very independent, fiesty and curious little girl!

some old pics:


This is the first picture of the girls together...Madison was so stinking excited about getting to hold Baby Katelyn that she was patting the pillow and clapping her hands and was just downright giddy! Madison is such a proud big sister!


This is the first day I went back to feed Katelyn in the NICU. We were discharged but had to leave the baby in the hospital. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do! I was SO excited when I got back the next day to feed her. (she has an IV in her scalp bc she had one in each foot but they dont last very long in babies since the veins are so small/fragile, so they had to put one in her scalp the day we were discharged). She came home when she was 5 days old.


This is Katelyn at about 6 weeks old...my, she looks chunky! Check out those cheeks!!! She's only in the 25th percentile for her weight at last check...even though she looks like such a chunky monkey here! Her hair was also super curly! It's still kind of curly now, but its a much looser curl. If we brush it down while it's wet, it'll just look straight. Interesting how much she's changed! Her eyes are still a bright, bright blue and she's such a sweet girl!
Okay, now....about my sweet girl...

Katelyn, my sweet Katelyn Rose is a whole year old! I can't believe it's been one whole year since my sweet baby girl was whisked away to the NICU; I cried and cried when they took her, with breathing tube in place. She just looked so awful! I finally got to hold her the next day. She has been such a wonderful little girl! I love her so much and she is such a spunky little thing. She's little, but she'll let you know what she thinks! She was only in the 50th percentile for height and only in the 25th percentile for weight at her last checkup.

Katelyn at one year:
-she loves to eat puffs
-she likes to watch her sister and laughs at her all the time
-she'll turn her head away and then back to play peek a boo
-she puts the phone up to her ear and tries to talk
-she can say mama and dada
-she has learned to SCREAM lately!!! Whew! That's not fun!!!
-she has started WALKING! She'll pull up on things, then let go and walk across the room. She really started doing that when I was in the hospital having Andrew and she came to see me. She'd start to walk then crawl, and now, she'll let go and walk herself over to wherever she wants to go!
-She has 4 top teeth and 3 bottom teeth. The bottom tooth to the left of the center teeth came in just now and then I notice that she has new teeth on either side of her top two front teeth. Those things are sneaky! Maybe they snuck in while she had an ear infection, so I attributed her runny nose and her being uncomfortable/cranky to the EI, not to teething. Poor thing, guess she went through both the EI and teething all at once. Thankfully, I know we were giving her motrin for the EI pain and hopefully that covered the teething pain, too!
-Katelyn got an awesome gift (in MY opinion) for her birthday...a brand new baby brother! Though she just thinks hes a baby doll at this point, I believe!
-She eats dinner with us around 5 or 6, then she has a bedtime bottle around 7 or so to go to sleep. She likes to be held to fall asleep, and we usually give her that bottle then lay her down in her crib.
-she doesn't always like to be laid down in her crib, but if I put an extra paci in her hand (in addition to the one in her mouth), she'll be distracted by the paci, which, of course, she'll immediately switch out for the one currently in her mouth, and she'll lay down and go right to sleep.
-she doesn't usually wake up at night, unless she has an ear infection, which she's had three of since January, so I'm on the lookout to make sure it clears up this time and doesn't recur very often. If it does, I'm definitely asking for an ENT name to take her to.
-she sleeps from about 7pm to about 8am on her own, (or until 7am, when I wake her up to put her in the car when I'm going to work).
-she is such a snuggler when she's tired, but other than that, she is a GO! GO! GO! kind of girl.
-Katelyn is such an inquisitive girl (um, ya, we just usually call her nosy!), and she wants to see and grab everything. Gordon and I call her "Grabby Hands" all the time. To keep her from getting into everything everywhere, we have bins of baby clothes downstairs (that I still need to go through) and Gordon kind of lines them up as a little baracade of sorts to keep her from wandering all across the house, since the rest of the house may or may not be baby proof with all of Madison's little toys. Katelyn goes to those bins, leans over them and watches to see what's happening when someone opens the garage door (where we usually leave).
- Katelyn has such a fun, loving personality and is such a happy little baby
-She makes me smile especially when I tickle her and she just squeals and squeals with delight!


It's been such a wonderful year with my baby girl and I can't wait to see how she'll grow and change in the coming year!

No comments: