

After MANY long months, several themes, countless websites and tons of thought all going into the decoration of Andrew's nursery, I have, in fact, decided on a theme. Halle-FREAKIN-lujah!!!!
I really wasn't looking for a theme...I just wanted some sort of a pattern, maybe a plaid or stripes, and then I'd find accessories to go around that. Well, the only thing I was able to find was too blah...maybe navy and white, or navy, baby blue and white...no red, no accent colors, just bleh. I finally found one moon/star bedding I loved, but then it was discontinued, so only a few parts of the collection could be purchased. oh, well.
I went to babies r us to finish up my registry for Andrew today and I thought we'd look at the bedding stuff- AGAIN! We've already looked several times, but it's kind of like when you're hungry and nothing in the fridge looks good....yet you go back and stand in front of the fridge again, like something is magically going to appear the second or third time you open the door!
Well, obviously, I didn't like any of the bedding sets since I didn't like them a few weeks ago when we looked again. But I just thought I'd check the seperates and see if I could throw something together bc finding a bedding set has been the most tedious portion of this pregnancy! Well, I found a smaller set that I liked, and it's better bc I don't use half the stuff they sell anyways. It always comes with a crib bumper (dont use...suffocation hazard...I use a breatheable bumper), diaper stacker (ppl really use that?!) and I have both of those things from both of the girls' bedding just sitting in their closets. This set just comes with the skirt, sheet, quilt and bumper, so the only thing im not using is the bumper. But my mom thinks she can fix that so it'll be like the fabric wall hangings a lot of sets come with. Plus the set is only $90 instead of the ridiculous $200+ most other sets are.
I wasn't really wanting to do a sports theme (even though Gordon kind of wanted that), bc I figured that'd be better for when he's older, like in a big boy bed and we could redo his room with that. But this set has a lot of colors and they're bright, not like the muted/brown color everything seems to be these days. It's bright without being babyish and I like that the skirt is just a blue plaid pattern, so if later we are tired of the sports theme, we can just do the colors. I also found a mirror with stars and sports balls on it, plus a clock with stars and the hands have a basketball and a baseball, I think, at the ends. I like that they have stars on them bc I can tie in the wall words that I have been wanting to use. It says, "twinke, twinkle, little star, do you know how loved you are?" and that is the SOLE reason I was looking for a moon/star bedding. however, I think the "allstar" thing that goes along with sports sort of ties into that. So now that I know the colors of the bedding, I can move forward!
We've been at a standstill. I couldn't order the wall words, bc I can specify colors, but didn't know what colors the bedding would be. I couldn't paint the walls, bc then again, I didn't know which color would go with the bedding, etc. Now i feel like we can get moving on his room and maybe it'll be ready by the time he gets here!!!
I found some CUTE CUTE stuff at target to go along with this sports bedding. Babies r us didn't have a whole lot to go with it, but it's a pretty generic theme, so it won't be a problem. I found a lamp at target that has a different sport on each side of the square lapshade, the base of the lap looks like the top of a baseball bat and the cutest part is that the pullstring for the lamp is a whistle on a lanyard! Madison loved it when she saw it and wanted to blow the whistle! lol It's SUPER cute!!!! A friend had suggested if i did a sports theme, I could get some faux trophies...and actually my parents still have all of our old soccer trophies at their house from when we were growing up, so I can use those and i think it'll be really neat bc they were mine! I just need to find a cute little shelf to match and put a few trophies on it! I can't wait until we have his room all put together!
I really wasn't looking for a theme...I just wanted some sort of a pattern, maybe a plaid or stripes, and then I'd find accessories to go around that. Well, the only thing I was able to find was too blah...maybe navy and white, or navy, baby blue and white...no red, no accent colors, just bleh. I finally found one moon/star bedding I loved, but then it was discontinued, so only a few parts of the collection could be purchased. oh, well.
I went to babies r us to finish up my registry for Andrew today and I thought we'd look at the bedding stuff- AGAIN! We've already looked several times, but it's kind of like when you're hungry and nothing in the fridge looks good....yet you go back and stand in front of the fridge again, like something is magically going to appear the second or third time you open the door!
Well, obviously, I didn't like any of the bedding sets since I didn't like them a few weeks ago when we looked again. But I just thought I'd check the seperates and see if I could throw something together bc finding a bedding set has been the most tedious portion of this pregnancy! Well, I found a smaller set that I liked, and it's better bc I don't use half the stuff they sell anyways. It always comes with a crib bumper (dont use...suffocation hazard...I use a breatheable bumper), diaper stacker (ppl really use that?!) and I have both of those things from both of the girls' bedding just sitting in their closets. This set just comes with the skirt, sheet, quilt and bumper, so the only thing im not using is the bumper. But my mom thinks she can fix that so it'll be like the fabric wall hangings a lot of sets come with. Plus the set is only $90 instead of the ridiculous $200+ most other sets are.
I wasn't really wanting to do a sports theme (even though Gordon kind of wanted that), bc I figured that'd be better for when he's older, like in a big boy bed and we could redo his room with that. But this set has a lot of colors and they're bright, not like the muted/brown color everything seems to be these days. It's bright without being babyish and I like that the skirt is just a blue plaid pattern, so if later we are tired of the sports theme, we can just do the colors. I also found a mirror with stars and sports balls on it, plus a clock with stars and the hands have a basketball and a baseball, I think, at the ends. I like that they have stars on them bc I can tie in the wall words that I have been wanting to use. It says, "twinke, twinkle, little star, do you know how loved you are?" and that is the SOLE reason I was looking for a moon/star bedding. however, I think the "allstar" thing that goes along with sports sort of ties into that. So now that I know the colors of the bedding, I can move forward!
We've been at a standstill. I couldn't order the wall words, bc I can specify colors, but didn't know what colors the bedding would be. I couldn't paint the walls, bc then again, I didn't know which color would go with the bedding, etc. Now i feel like we can get moving on his room and maybe it'll be ready by the time he gets here!!!
I found some CUTE CUTE stuff at target to go along with this sports bedding. Babies r us didn't have a whole lot to go with it, but it's a pretty generic theme, so it won't be a problem. I found a lamp at target that has a different sport on each side of the square lapshade, the base of the lap looks like the top of a baseball bat and the cutest part is that the pullstring for the lamp is a whistle on a lanyard! Madison loved it when she saw it and wanted to blow the whistle! lol It's SUPER cute!!!! A friend had suggested if i did a sports theme, I could get some faux trophies...and actually my parents still have all of our old soccer trophies at their house from when we were growing up, so I can use those and i think it'll be really neat bc they were mine! I just need to find a cute little shelf to match and put a few trophies on it! I can't wait until we have his room all put together!


No comments:
Post a Comment