Friday, December 25, 2009

Santa Came to Visit!!!

This year was so neat because this is the very first year that Madison REALLY understands that the fat man in the red suit exists and will bring her presents! She was soooooooooooooo excited to see him at the mall when we went to visit him and told me "I'm so glad Christmas (Santa) is here!!!". She is so cute! Seeing her that excited is just priceless! She's been telling everyone that she asked Santa for pink boots and was super excited when she opened them. She had to put them on right away!



Christmas morning, I had just gotten to bed at 4am after getting everything ready, then Katelyn was the first to wake up...at 7am. Not too bad, but it felt really early since I had JUST gotten to sleep. I got a bottle and took her to our bed to feed her, and lucky for me, she fell asleep after eating. Madison got up around 10 and we were up for the day. I told Gordon to keep them upstairs for a minute while I put everything back (had to move their stuff I set out, bc it blocked the tv last night). I threw the monkey bread in the oven, set their stuff back up and told him to bring them down. Madison knew that Santa was coming and the anticipation was so adorable! As she walked downstairs with Daddy, she was peeking around the corner, anxious to get a glimpse of what Santa brought! She was soooooooo excited when she got down here and saw all of the new toys (Santa's big gifts are left unwrapped....his small gifts are wrapped in Santa paper under the tree). Katelyn was so cute as she crawled to her toys and started playing with them. She obviously doesn't get the whole Santa thing, but this is her very first Christmas and I was so excited for her!

It snowed all day yesterday (boy, never thought I'd say THAT!! IF it does snow here, it's never all day!!!), and by the time we all woke up, it was all bright and sunshiny, so I figured all the snow melted. NOPE! I looked outside and there was still snow out! So I real quick took the girls out for some pics in the snow bc it was too bitter cold and windy last night to take their pics. I took the lids to some plastic storage boxes and let them sit on those to take their pics, bc they were only wearing their jammies (plus coats of course) and i didnt want them to get all wet! Then we went back inside for presents. Madison opened present after present after present after present....man I didn't realize I had bought so much!!! It was never ending. But it was so neat to see her excited about her gifts! Of course, at one point, she was so tired of opening presents, she just layed down and said, "I'm tired..." *sigh* guess that means I bought too much! So we took a break and she ate breakfast (monkey bread!!! yummo!!), then she opened some more. She was almost done when she opened the spongebob pillow and blanket combo that Daddy bought for her. Then she took her pillow and her blanket, went and laid on her princess couch and decided she was done. We let Katelyn open her presents...she didn't get near as much as Madison, bc she doesn't need it, honestly and besides, her attention span would be teeny. She did open one or two, but we had to open the rest because she just wasn't interested. I thought for sure she'd be excited about pulling the paper off...eh, not so much. She just wanted to crawl around and get into the things Madison had opened. After a while, we convinced Madison to open the rest. Pretty bad when we have to try to make the 3yo open her presents! lol

As soon as she opened the pink boots she asked Santa for, she just HAD to put them on! She thought it was so neat that she asked him for them and there they were! After we finished with all the presents, Katelyn got a bottle and was out cold. So while she took a nap, I went outside in the snow with Madison...pink boots, jammies and all! She and I made a little snowma--, uh, snow baby! We used bottles for the arms, put a bib and beanie on it, used a paci for the mouth, bottle tops for eyes and even used some little baby booties for the feet! lol It was super cute and Madison had so much fun helping. After we finished the snowbaby, she just wanted to run and run around in the snow, making footprints. She had the BEST time! Too bad it doesn't snow more often! She and I even made snowballs, which she loved throwing and even threw them at the house, watching them crumble as they hit. Its funny though bc there is one picture I took of her throwing a snowball at the house...but in the background the grass is bone dry! By that time the snow was melting away and the only snow left was near the shade, which is behind the camera....just looks odd. pics to follow of course....

Later, Madison took a nap and then we went to Gordon's dad's house for his Christmas dinner. We were running a tad late, got the kids in the car, Gordon and I were in the car, he turned the key to the ignition and.....click, click, click, click......hmmm.....tried again....click......*silence*. Nothing. Then my alarm started chirping constantly. weird. We really quick got everything in Gordon's car, got the kids in his car and went to his dad's. We'll figure out the car situation later. Madison had fun at her Grandpa's. She played with her cousins and got some more neat presents. Daddy has been sick this week and when Grandpa gave her a doctor kit, she told Daddy, I'll make you feel all better! Awww, what a sweetie!!!

We went home afterwards and Daddy and Katelyn went to sleep. Madison and I stayed up for a while then we all went to bed. What a fun, but exhausting day!

The kids got so many toys that our house looks like a tornado hit. Seriously. It's horrible. Just THINKING about cleaning all this stuff up is just daunting. There are sooooooo many stupid boxes to open, I just don't know where to start. Of course, I know the darn toys are going to be tied down so tight to the boxes, a tornado couldn't knock it out of the box, even though it looks like a tornado already hit here! There is BARELY room to walk! It's just a disaster! *sigh* oh, well...cleanup is for another day...

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: