Two days ago, Katelyn woke up with a very hoarse, barking cough. I thought, "hmmm, that can't be good!". Well, it sort of got better, she was coughing, but it wasnt that deep cough. She didn't seem to feel well yesterday evening and had a slight fever, so I gave her motrin and she seemed better. This morning, she didnt wake up until 9am, which is late, but she also didn't go to sleep until around 9 or so last night (and she usually sleeps at 7pm). She played for a while this morning, while I was doing yet more wrapping, then when I picked her up, I noticed she felt a little warm. I called the doctor...just in case...since my mom reminded me that the doctor's office will be closed for FOUR days over Christmas and the weekend. So I wanted to take her in, just in case...
Well, since my 3D sonogram appt ran long, since baby boy wanted to keep his hands by his face, and my mom was already babysitting Katelyn while we went, she and my dad ended up taking Katelyn to the doctor for me. I expected her to call and tell me that it was just a cold, nothing major, etc. WRONG!!! When I talked to my mom after we were done with the sonogram, she informed me that my sweet baby girl has RSV...not only that, but she also has croupe!!! She has to take steroids for three days and I need to watch her because if I see certain symptoms of it worsening, the doc said to take her to the ER!!!! OH, MY!!! I'm sooooo glad we took her in today! The poor sweet girl! What an awful way to spend her FIRST Christmas ever!!!
You'd think being sick, she'd be asleep early, but such was NOT the case! I JUST got her to sleep about 10:30! She usually falls asleep around 7pm. What the crap?! Oh, well, as long as she's asleep and not crying, not uncomfortable, I'm happy. Now if I can just get the other one to go to sleep! It's 11:30 and she's still up! Although, perhaps it's bc were staying the night at my parents' house. Right after our sono, Gordon started getting chills...like on the way out the door. Then my parents were on the way to costco, so I just had gordon drop me off there since it was right across the street and that way he could go home and sleep and rest without us keeping him awake. Well, we got home kind of late after stopping at target for Katelyn's prescription and a few other things. so my mom went to sleep, I wasn't able to get Katelyn to sleep until late and Madison is still up. I don't have my car, since Gordon dropped me off at costco, but I was going to go check on Gordon and wasnt able to since K stayed awake so long. I'm sure he's fine and sleeping. I talked to him a while ago and he said he was fine, just sleeping, and he had the nyquil handy since he had a fever of 102. Hopefully he's doing okay...I'm about to put Madison in bed and go to sleep myself. Tomorrow is full of cooking, to get ready for Christmas eve dinner.
I'll post about the 3D sono and the pics tomorrow...I hope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment