Friday, December 25, 2009

4am and still not to bed....

We got home from my mom's on Christmas Eve at about 1am, got the kids to bed and then...the magic begins!

Well, not so much "magic" as it is "mommy labor"! I had to cleanup the living room since there was stuff alllll over! I did want the kids to actually be able to see what Santa brought! lol So I cleaned up their toys, got out the Santa gifts to set up, then remembered that we still had that art easel (that I've given to madison a few times...but it was still in the box in the garage! lol) and I wanted to make sure to get it out of the box or we'd forget about it again! So after putting out all the presents, preparing the monkey bread (our traditional Christmas morning breakfast...which i always get ready the night before, and just stick it in the fridge, so I can throw it in the oven as we wake up), then I got out the easel. I had told Gordon, "I hope it doesn't say assembly required" since the box was sort of big. No such luck. I spent another 30 minutes putting it together...and it was pretty simple, just lots of screws. I did the stockings and set everything up for the girls to walk down and see Christmas morning. I went to lay on the couch to go to sleep (since it seems to help with the pregnancy heartburn!) and realized all the stuff was in the way, bc I have to watch tv to fall asleep...even at 4am! I had to move the stuff out of the way, which means ill have to set it all up again in the morning...but at least it's out and assembled and ready to go! I even made sure to take some of Santa's cookies off the plate and left a little piece and some crumbs on his plate for Madison to see!

No comments: