I went to my doctor's appointment today after school. I was 16 weeks as of Sunday. It was really hard to find the heartbeat when I went for my last checkup, but that's probably bc the baby was the size of a walnut! We've progressed to avacado size at the moment...or so they say. When I wass 14 weeks and went for a checkup with Katelyn, they told me, "this is right on the verge of the time when we're able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler, so if we can't hear it right away, don't worry; We'll just go do a sonogram right away". So this being two weeks earlier than last time around, it wasn't surprising that it took a minute to find last month.
This time, he put the doppler on my belly and was able to hear the heartbeat right away! That is just the best sound in the world!!! It was a good strong heartbeat at 146bpm. It was about 178 when I went last time. But they say after the first trimester, the hb evens out and slows down. It was also a good appointment because I lost another 3 pounds! lol Even my doc said, "I just think maybe I need to get pregnant!!!" (its a HE btw!). I told him pregnancy is a great "diet". Every time I get pregnant I lose a bunch in the beginning. With Madison, I lost 12lbs, with Katelyn, it was 13lbs and so far this time around, I've lost another 13lbs. With Madison it was mostly bc NOTHING looked good, I had no appetite, so I'd just as soon eat nothing at all. My main "meal" was breakfast: I'd have a carnation instant breakfast in the morning. With Katelyn, I was soooooo sick in the beginning and couldn't eat anything. I puked so many times. That was NOT fun...with Madison I think I only got sick MAYBE twice. The whole time. This time, I was pretty nauseated in the beginning, but not unbearably so. I did ask for anti-nausea meds at my 12 week checkup, but right around 13 weeks or so, it started dwindling, so I only took the medicine once or twice...though it didn't really help. As it is now, I might get a wave of nausea once in a while, but nothing bad and it's not like I'm going to throw up....just feel odd. So it's getting a lot better.
I made an appointment for my next checkup at 20 weeks! We get a sonogram!!! Can't wait to find out what we're having...can't wait to see if we're going to add a little prince to our brood or if we'll have three little princesses! Either way, I'm just hoping for a healthy precious baby!
Madison really understands this time around and this evening, she was asking if she could listen to the baby in my belly (like in the book she brought me...a book I got for her last year...the boy in the book is laying his head on the mommy's belly to feel/listen to the baby).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment