Madison has done dance and loved it. Now I want her to try something new. I've signed her up for JATO, which is a soccer skills kind of thing. They don't actually have real games, but they practice for a while and the last 20 minutes of the 1 hr session is always a scrimmage, so they get to play.
So this afternoon, I took Madison to find her soccer cleates, socks and shinguards that she needs for next Saturday. Sounds pretty easy, right? Wrong.
We started at Academy and they did not have any where NEAR her size in the cleates. I went to look for shinguards and they were ALL too tall. Even the EXTRA SMALL size went up past her kneecap. How in the world is she supposed to run with those on?! But I bought them bc they were the last pair they had (and they were a pretty pink, too!). They weren't even in a package with a bar code, so I had to take up a blue one...JUST ONE that was on the shelf, which was the same as the one I was buying, but IT had a tag on it. sigh. Okay, off to a soccer store....let's see. I used to go to Soccer Locker, though I don't think it's still open...ummmm, I did remember some kind of soccer store across from the mall, let's try that.
Okay, well, when I went there, they actually HAD little bitty people shoes! lol although they were limited. She wears an 8 in her shoes, but even the 8 in cleates were fine, but not roomy, so we went with a 9, so she can grow into them. They are black adidas cleates and the stripes are pink. SO STINKING CUTE! Then the lady found a XXS set of shinguards, so those actually fit. I figured since its the ONE thing that fit, it'd be very expensive. She said she couldn't find a price on it (gotta love small shops!) so she'd give it to me for $12. They were Adidas brand, too, so I figured it'd be $20 or so, but it actually wasn't bad. I also found a pretty purple soccer ball there for her, too.....um, after she told me the ball was $20 (which is more than the shinguards, and almost more than the cleates alone, it wasn't so cute...target has a pretty pink one for maybe 9 bucks!). So we didn't get the pretty ball, but did get the shinguards and cleates. They didn't have socks that fit her, so we'll still be looking for those. BOY, I'm glad I didn't wait until the day bf to buy those things! Who knew how hard it would be? I should have expected it though, bc when I went looking for her leotard and tights for dance class, there was EXACTLY one store where I could get one small enough for her!
I can't wait for my little soccer player to get all dressed up....oh, wait. guess she needs soccer shorts! Well, maybe I don't...they said just wear shorts and tshirt and we'll get the uniform at the first practice. She is going to be the cutest little soccer player ever! I'm so excited for her to play because I spent 20 years of my life playing soccer, so it'll be great to see her play, too. I really hope she enjoys it!
Soccer starts September 12th....I'll take plenty of pictures, of course, so everyone can see the cute little soccer girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment