Saturday, November 27, 2010

BLACK FRIDAY!!!!

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is knowing the next morning I will be out shopping and getting some GREAT deals!!! I usually make Gordon go with me, mainly bc we have a few stops to make. Last year I went to target and stood in line at 3am and gordon went to home depot next door. There were at least 100 ppl in line at target and ZERO at home depot last year. I just wanted him to make sure he got my new washer and dryer I wanted!!

This year was a bit different. I was just going to go by myself to target. Madison wasn't feeling well...she woke up with a 101 fever on Thanksgiving, so she was going to stay at my mom's anyways. Then Gordon didnt feel well, either, so all the kids stayed at my moms with me. My brother, Nabeel, went to walmart with me at 9:30 bc I thought they were starting their sales at 10pm, then another sale at 5am. I guess I got that mixed up with Toys R Us. THEY were starting at 10, Walmart was starting at midnight. So I had a friend who had texted to ask where I was going and what time and invited me to go with her to walmart at midnight. I was already there when I realized they didnt start till midnight, but ppl were already putting the super sale doorbuster stuff in their carts. I told my friend to come right away instead of waiting till 11:45 like she had planned. So when she got there, I told Nabeel he could leave and didnt have to stay with us. He is so sweet, he was worried I wouldnt find her, and stayed until she came.

I usually avoid walmart like the plague bc those ppl are NUTS! Last year an employee was trampled TO DEATH by the crowd and in a seperate store, a lady fell, and was trampled; she was pregnant and lost the baby. I remember that very distinctly bc I was 6mo pg with Andrew last BF, so it made me think i shouldnt have gone! however, this year, walmart did somethign different (no doubt due to last year's stampedes). They had sales starting at midnight, but also, the electronics didnt go on sale until 5am. THAT is where the crazies are. I steer clear of electronics on BF. Usually, it's about impossible to find a walmart person to help you. But everywhere I looked there were walmart ppl with maps to help you find the thing you were looking for (since on bf, they just put stuff in random places, like the dvd's were in front of the pharmacy. the cricut machines were in the clothing section.). I was amazed and very impressed with how calm and orderly and organized everything was and also how HELPFUL they were! I have never had any walmart person escort me to what I was looking for. Usually, IF I can find someone to help, they just kind of point me in a direction and wave that way....and I MIGHT find it. On BF, I had someone walk me over to where the item was on THREE seperate occasions!!! I had asked 3-4 people where somehting was and they very nicely, eagerly found it on their little maps. NOT the case at Target today...more on that later. >:/

It was about 11:40, so we decided we should head towards the checkout or else, we'd be stuck in the store for 2 hours trying to check out. We went to the middle lanes and I was about the 3rd person in line. We were all waiting and then at midnight they started checking people out (and some ppl were applauding, lol). I think we were out of there within 10-15 mins of the checkout starting. I was home by 1. Easiest bf shopping ever! usually I go to target, they open at 4, by the time i check out, its 6am!

I got to my parents house, and spent a half hour inthe garage looking over everything I bought and decided half of it was going back, bc I eitehr decided I didnt really need it or didnt have the price right, etc. So i'll be back at walmart to return things tomorrow.

when I got home, Andrew was wakign up, so i fed him, he went back to sleep, so I went to lay with Madison in the other bed, but she was sweating buckets. I got her some motrin and laid with her. I set my phone alarm for 3:15 (it was 2:15 at the time), but I guess I didnt hear it. I looked at it was already 4am. I thought, "target just opened, i hsould hurry and get there"...but then I guess I didnt make it, bc all of a sudden, it was 5am. i hurried out the door and hoped they'd have what I needed. What I was really wanting was a princess barbie set for Madison that was $60, on sale for $40. I figured they'd be out of it, but when I got there they had tons left. I wasnt able to get the disney my first princess doll for Katelyn, though. but that's okay, it was only $5 off and its somethign they normally carry anyways. They'll get more bf Christmas, so I'll buy it then. There were a few other things I wanted and was able to get, including a bunch of movies...got Madison some scooby movies for $2, polar express was $6, got a few movies for gifts, and i was going to get the punky brewster dvd set (I know! remember HER?!) for 1.99, but they were sold out. It's okay, though bc I bought the set on amazon for $5, bf I knew Target was goign to have it for $2. I did manage to get the kids lots of fleece jammies for $4 at walmart, for this year and next, got some at target, including Madison's nightgowns (or night-night dresses as she calls them), and jackets for next year. The thing that shocked me, was when I'd ask someone for something, they weren't the LEAST bit interested in helping and sort fo just said...ya, it's over there...pointing in a general direction. THAT is what I would have expected from walmart, and being escorted to an item is what i would have expected from walmart. Today, was an alternate universe, aparrently, bc those roles were reversed. way to go, walmart! :)

My favorite thing I got was the cricut machine. I'm not sure exactly what I'll use it for, and I sent Gordon back later to buy more cartridges that were on sale, but when I looked it up online when I got home, I found that it costs $350 and I got it on sale at $185! crazy. Oh, and a projector that looks like TONS of fun!

No comments: