We're on day 4 of Katelyn being out of her crib and she's doing great! True she did spent the night at my parents Thanksgiving night (like always, so I could go shopping early in the morning), and last night bc Gordon wasn't feeling well. She did take naps here yesterday, though. She did cry for a few minutes and walk around her room tonight when Gordon put her to bed, but she's also not feeling well. I think she was overtired. She crawled in her bed and was out 5 minutes later.
Katelyn seems to sleep so much more soundly in the toddler bed! In the crib, she'd always move all around and wake up with the slightest noise. With the toddler bed, I've gone in there 4 times on different nights to move her around, bc she looked uncomfortable, and she never woke up! It's a little bit crazy. Now that she sleeps so well in her bed, I'm sort of feeling bad for keeping her in the crib so long!
Right now, she's using a little toddler bed her cousin gave us, which just happens to be the one that goes with her bedroom furniture, so it matches! I'm hoping to be able to buy her a big bed soon, hopefully a full bed in the next few months. Madison has a queen, just bc we had an extra queen when she needed a bed, and I wanted to buy her a good, quality set so she'd keep it until she moved out, so we splurged on a whole bedroom set. However, we'll just have to get what we can right now for Katelyn, and buy a nicer set later. Andrew's crib turns into a full bed, so if we get Katelyn a full bed, they can share sheets, etc. He didnt even get new furniture for his room...he did get a new crib, but his dressers are the ones that go with my old furniture set I had at my parents house since i was 12...but they're in amazingly perfect shape (which is the reason we went out and bought Madison that brand (broyhill) of furniture for her room. If it can last 20 years for me and still be okay, hopefully it'll last her 20 years too!). I also still have the twin bed that goes with that set, so maybe Katelyn will just have a twin for now. I just need her to have somethign other than a toddler bed, bc that way I can lay with her when she needs me to. No way can an adult lay in a toddler bed. Hmmm, maybe ill check out ikea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment