Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things that go THUMP in the night...well, evening.

This is my day off. My first day off for Thanksgiving Break. So, of course, Madison "slept in" till 7:30. She came to my room, telling me to get up, but I was tired, so she played in my room for a few minutes. I talked to her...half awake, trying not to wake up Andrew, who was laying in bed with me. I finally managed to roll out of bed at 8am. What fabulous plans did I have for today? Well, I spent today cleaning out closets. Time to get rid of summer clothes and hang up the winter wardrobe I bought (incidentally, I decided i buy my kids WAY too many clothes...once I get their winter clothes hung up, I'll probably see that half of it is unecessary and should be returned). I managed to clean out Madison's and Katelyn's closet (meanwhile, Madison was very sad bc I was "taking her clothes away"...she must have forgotten about the mounds of clothes on the couches in the front room!), while Andrew played in Madison's room. Katelyn had spent the night at my parents bc they have the crib in a room with a queen bed, so she can be watched and wont climb out...well, if she does, she'll land on the soft bed, bc my dad pulled her crib right up next to the bed. So I get the girls' clothes cleaned out, emptied K's room from all the things she might possibly get into while in her room ALONE. I took out the rocker, humidifier, bags of old clothes, bins of clothes, put childlocks on the bathroom and closet door and also on the INSIDE of her bedroom door. I put a toddler bed in and was about to pick up Andrew to go to my mom's so we could get Katelyn. OMG. He was such a mess. Nothing like a poop explosion to start the day off right. In the tub he went...

As I quickly gave him a bath, Madison was begging for a bath (really? they JUST had a bath last night....like 12 hours ago!!! They just dont realize how much work it is! lol). We got in the car and got to Mom's but they weren't home from dropping Natalie off. So we had a special treat and went to get donuts. We met my mom there and let everyone pick out a special donut. Then Madison got to play with the boys at mom's house, while Katelyn and Andrew took naps. While they were asleep, and mom went to pick up Natalie, I got her Christmas tree out and Christian helped me put it up. We were just finishing when they came home. Madison helped by turning the tree on...with the foot pedal power button...then Katelyn went behind her and kept turning it off. I wanted it to be ON as they walked in, but Katelyn had other ideas.

I thought we should get out of the house...yes, all 8 of us...and go to target. I had to return some stuff, plus I wanted the kids to show me what they want. They had made target lists, so we printed them out and Madison got a scanner gun to register herself. Christian did too bc his wouldnt work for some reason. Natalie helped Madison and Matthew helped Christian. I had the girls scan some things for Katelyn, too. Poor Andrew...well, he doesnt NEED anything new, but i'm sure we'll find a few things. Just cause. Ooh, I also bought Madison the coolest bike for Christmas...uh, well, Santa is going to give her a bike. It's a princess bike and even has a little jumpseat (you know how ppl have a seat on the back of bikes for a kid to ride in...or they used to), for her DOLLS! :0 oh, she'll love it!!!

Meanwhile...I'm beat!!!

No comments: