Saturday, May 1, 2010

What a week...plus also, a party!

Gordon has been in the hospital since Wednesday night with unexplained stomach pains...all kinds of tests run, but no answers. Doc says he'll probably be there another few days. Too bad tomorrow is Katelyn's birthday party...and this is the second time we've scheduled it! The first time, Andrew was born the day bf her party, so it was cancelled. So I've been trying to get ready for this party, take care of all three kids by myself. Madison and Katelyn both have ear infections, and Andrew just got his 2 month vaccinations. The kids have been really good, as always...especially considering it could be so much worse with them all being sick! Luckily, my parents got back into town the day Gordon went into the hospital. I have NO idea how I'd get anything done if it weren't for them!

Today my mom helped me do so much! She watched the kids while I ran a few last minute errands, then took Madison while the babies napped and I got to start on Katelyn's birthday cake. Later, we went to Costco to try Kirkland diapers (since I've always been a pampers snob, and stupid pampers has changed their diapers to this new "dry max" thing...look up the "bring back old pampers" group on fb...there are some SCARY pics of these poor babies with HUGE bloody open blisters...a "chemical burn" from these new "improved" diapers. Those things are NOT going on MY babies!!! We stopped by target to get some target brand medicine since EVERY fever reducer I have (tylenol/motrin) has been recalled. We got home, my mom got the kids dinner while I worked on the cake, then my dad came and helped while I got the cake halfway done, vacuumed, my mom did the dishes for me, and my dad helped me rearrange the furniture in the front room. They even took Madison to spend the night (and they had her cousin Matthew...she loves playing with "the kids", aka her cousins!) Again, I say I would NEVER be able to get everything done if it weren't for my AWESOME parents! :)

So now the babies are asleep...the house is clean (except for the kitchen...that will ahve to happen tomorrow..I'm exhausted!), and I have a few minutes to myself. It's late, so I really should get to bed...gotta get up super early tomorrow....it's my baby girl's FIRST birthday party!!! It's amazing that she's come from that little tiny baby with all the wires sticking out of her in the NICU to this walking, jabbering, fiesty big girl! She is such a fun baby and she definitely stands her ground! lol Happy Birthday Party, sweet girl!!!

No comments: