Well, we FINALLY had Katelyn's FIRST birthday party! Gordon has been in the hospital with stomach pains, and didn't know if they'd release him in time for the party...he told the doctor and he said he'd try to have him out by the party. So I had to get the house clean and get everything ready without his help. Luckily, my parents came over and helped out and they watched the kids while I got the cake done and a few other things *I* had to do.
I planned her party at 1pm, since she usually takes a nap around 10 or 11, then again around 3 or so. Wellllll, of COURSE she wouldn't take a nap on schedule on her party day! I put her down around 11, but she didnt want to sleep, so after about a half hour of her talking/playing/whining, I just picked her up. I laid her down again around noon and got her up just bf everyone got here. Right as her friends starting coming, Gordon walked in the door...just in time for the party!
She had a great time playing with the other kids. Madison had fun playing with her friends, too...except she was leaning over the little purple chair and fell and hit her eye on the train table...poor thing just about gave herself a black eye. Whenever my friends came and talked to her, she'd tell them about her hurt eye. poor girl. But then she got over it after a little bit.
When it was time for Katelyn to open her presents, she liked pulling out the tissue paper, and she'd grab whatever was in the present, mostly clothes, she'd take it and walk off with it! It was all I could do to keep her there to open her presents...I should have put a leash on her! lol
She got tons of clothes, which is AWESOME bc the kid needs ZERO toys! We have soooo many! I just put away a bunch and am really glad she didn't get a bunch more! :) I pulled down Madison's old riding toy...the princess one, that she got at HER first birthday. Katelyn loved it and likes to get on it. Madison pushes her around on it, bc Katelyn hasn't quite gotten how to scoot herself forward on it, though she can scoot backwards great...just like Madison did when she was a year old. Kind of funny, I think!
I made a topsy-turvy whimsical cake for her birthday. It was actually very easy to make and I finished it the night before her party (I am usually finishing the cake the day of the party, so I was ahead of the game!). It was a 3 tier cake that was pink, purple and yellow...so cute! I stood Katelyn next to it to blow out her candle, and the cake was almost as tall as SHE was! lol I pulled off a layer and put it on her high chair tray for her "smash cake". She wasnt too sure at first, but then just kept digging with her fingers. She had it all over her face and was whining, bc she was exhausted (did Imention she didnt take her nap as normal?), so I cleaned her off and put her to bed.
THEN I sat down. I swear, I can run and run and run all day long with no problem, but the MINUTE I sit still, I feel how exhausted I really am! Now it was time to relax...
in my spare time, I need to upload the pics from my camera to my computer, then i can put them online...*sigh* I never seem to thave the time to post many pics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment