Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Andrew is two months old!

Andrew is two months old today! He is such a wonderful baby...he is happy and never cries until he gets hungry (unless of course, you put him in the carseat...but the girls hated that thing as well...can't wait till he can sit up, bc the girls were much happier when I switched them to the convertible carseat, but that means I have to carry him around since he won't be in the infant carrier...and if he can't sit up, that's a problem! lol). Each night he has his last bottle somewhere around 10 or 11ish and he'll sleep until about 3am when he gets a bottle and he'll go back to sleep till the morning. Usually he'll wake up around 6-7:30.

My usual morning routine lately is to feed Andrew as he wakes up, then he'll go back to sleep again while I go get Madison up and downstairs, dressed and eating breakfast. While she's eating, I'll run up and get Katelyn up, dressed and put her in her high chair for breakfast. If Andrew needs a bath, THIS is the only time I have to do it! I give him a quick bath in the baby tub on the kitchen sink and by the time I'm done, the girls are done, too. We get everyone in the car and out the door and get Madison to school. Sometimes it's 8:30 when I get her there...sometimes 10...sometimes 9:30! I'm just really glad she doesn't go to real school yet where i HAVE to have her there on time!

Andrew has been a tad fussy the last few days, but they say babies go through a growth spurt around 8 weeks, so we'll blame it on that. :) He is outgrowing his 0-3mo clothes already...they still fit around him, but he's too long for them. I need to make sure not to buy tons and tons of clothes for him like i did for madison...at least with her I had the rationale that another future kid could wear it! NOT an excuse this time around! They outgrow them so quick...

He still eats every TWO hours, which is my ONLY complaint with him. He's super easy otherwise, but every time I turn around it's time to feed him again! I was giving him 4 oz, the bumped it up to 5 to see if that helped him go longer stretches. It didnt and I think maybe he was eating too much, so I knocked it down to 4 again. He seemed satisfied (I always had to sort of force him to drink the last of a 5 ouncer) but we were still at 2 hr feedings. Today I tried 5 ounces again and he did pretty well...he ate at 6:30, 10:00, 1:00, 5:30 and 9:00. its 1am and I'm about to head to bed, so I'll bring a bottle...he'll probably eat around 3am and again at 6am when its time to get up.

He hasnt started rolling over or anything yet, but he does seem more focused like he actually pays attention to me and what I'm doing when I interact with him. He lays on the baby gym mat when he can...when big sister Katelyn isn't following him! She tries to lay down with him, but she doesnt get that she can hurt him when she sits next to him (um, she AIMS to sit next to him, sometiems lands on his arm if I'm not watching!). She is getting more curious about him. The other day, He was sitting up in my lap, while I was burping him and she wanted up. She sat on my left knee, he was sitting up leaning on my hand on my right knee and I was burping him, but she pushed my hand away and SHE wanted to do it! She did it just perfectly, too! She'd pat, pat, pat, then rub, rub, rub his back! lol She's definitely been watching how I do it...she's my pensive girl!

Andrew loves the swing. Good thing our neighbor gave us her swing when she didn't need it anymore...it plugs into the wall so we dont have to go through 20000 batteries! LOVE it! I also got him this new rocker thing to sleep in since he didnt really like the bassinett (neither did the girls!). He'd sleep okay in it I guess, but he'd be moaning here and there, so I never slept well either. The only solution was to have him in our bed, and that was great and all and I loved sleeping with him in my arms, but it scared the crap out of me...you never know what happens when you're asleep. So glad he likes this sleeper thing. It is at an angle and it sort of hugs him while he sleeps, so he sleeps all night long with no grunting!

The sad part about him being two months old is that he's lost that newborn look about a month ago and really looks like a real baby. He looks like such a little boy! He'll be sitting up, crawling, walking before I know it! I'm taking it easy and enjoying these last baby days...no more babies around here! Andrew is the caboose!!! :)

Now its past 1am and being the eternal night owl that I am, I'm still awake....about to take my little two month old baby boy upstairs with me and go to SLEEP!

No comments: