My Mom and dad (as well as my brother, cousins, aunt and uncle) all went to California for a wedding. More often than not, I take Madison to school and go to my mom's or go run errands with her for some portion of the day. When some evenings if Gordon's not home, I'll stay at my mom's till he's home. I wouldn't have them here this week, so it would be interesting...
...Just for good measure, Gordon got sick Thursday evening...which is when my parents were flying out. He called in the afternoon saying he went to the doctor bc his stomach was hurting really bad...like even to the touch. So then they sent him to the hospital to do some testing. I was goign to come up there, but he said since I had all three kids, he told me to wait until he's admitted. I called him a few times and they tested him, found nothing, did a CAT scan and it was negative, so they sent him home. My dad had called his friend Fred to give them a ride to the airport, since I needed to go see Gordon, and Fred showed up right as I was leaving and Gordon was discharged. They dont know what it is, but he's definitely not feeling well...he was told to see another doc to follow up, so he went this morning and they told him to follow up with a specialist on Thursday...
...As if THAT weren't enough, poor Katelyn started getting pretty cranky and just wasn't sleeping well Friday evening. She's always down by 7pm and I dont hear a peep from her until the next morning, when I wake her up. She was up at least twice, maybe three times that night. She had a slight fever and runny nose...telltale signs of an ear infection...so I set the alarm for early Saturday morning, so i could call the doc right at 8am when they opened for the saturday clinic. We were there by 9 and saw Dr. Wallace (who is soooo super sweet, but seriously looks like she's about 12 years old...and is about that tall, too)...she just confirmed what I already suspected: another ear infection. Actually, she said it wasn't all filled with pus just yet, but said, "if you had waited a day, she'd be all full of puss, and you'd have crazy high fevers!". So she gave me a script for another antibiotic (last time it took 3 or was it 4? different meds to get rid of the infection!). I told her Dr. Hull had stated last time that if she gets another one soon (her last one was early march) that she'd have us see an ENT (ear, nose and throat doctor) to see about getting tubes. :( She gave me the referral info for Dr. Leffingwell, so I called and got her an appt for May 10...stinks that it so far away, but I guess specialists are busy.
...oh, plus also, Andrew, my most perfect, easy going, laid back baby has been a little fussy. He usually goes right to sleep after eating, but he's been a little squirmy and just seems like he can't get comfortable. I mean that lasts maybe 5-10 minutes which is totally NOTHING to complain about, its just different for him...and frankly, I think I'm a bit spoiled by his perfect-ness!!! lol They say babies go through a growth spurt at 8 weeks, so I'm attributing it to that. Even still, he only wakes up once at night. I feed him around 10 or so for his last bottle, then he'll wake up about 3am, and will go back to sleep until the morning...like around 6 or 7.
So long story short, my parents (helpers!) are gone, gordon is sick and Katelyn has an ear infection, so she hasn't been sleeping well. Andrew's going through a growth spurt, but at least Madison is doing well...
My parents will be home tomorrow and their help is much appreciated and sorely missed! Even Madison has been asking for Mimi all week...we finally skyped tonight...I called my mom and taught her how to skype, except for her mic wasn't working, so we totally ghetto-skyped...using skype for video and our cell phones for sound! lol Madison loved being able to see Mimi and Papa (well, she saw him sleeping on the bed!) and she'll be sooooooooooo excited to see them at the airport tomorrow night!
For now, everyone is asleep and I should be too...we've got a playdate in the morning and I think I'm going to keep Madison home from school so she can go to the playdate with us...hmmm all three by myself at a playdate? sounds interesting...but we'll have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment