Friday, April 23, 2010

What a fun birthday!!!

I had SUCH a great birthday this year! My mom took me and the kids out to breakfast (since Ggordon was at work). We went to IHOP....YUMMO! Then after we finished, mom kept the babies and I took Madison to school. Then I had a chance to get some shopping done...there were some swimsuits I wanted to get the girls a few weeks ago at Kohls but they were $28...and today they were 65% off at $9...a birthday gift to me! lol After I got a few, I went to a different Kohls bc I wasn't really sure what size to get for Madison...she's drifting over into the little girls' department...no longer in toddler sizes! :( I was a little afraid of looking at swimsuits in the girls' dpt, bc some of the little girl stuff looks like trash! But yay...found TONS. I think I bought no less than 10 swimsuits (a few diff ones in TWO sizes of each, for TWO girls...some will be returned as soon as I figure out which size she needs!). Then, I wasn't really hungry for lunch after the great breakfast, but I did want a nice, thick strawberry milkshake, so I drove through Jack in the Crack and got a shake, then went to get my nails done. After that I went home for a bit.

The weather was SOOOOO nice...kind of overcast, almost like rain, but with a cool breeze (not humid). I sat in my driveway with my ipod going and painted that shelf for Andrew's room that i've been meaning to paint! Got it done in the nick of time, too! I had taken my watch off so the manicurist could give me a massage, then didn't have my phone with me since I was painting, so I was seriously GUESSING at the time! I got up to look and it was 2:45! I had a 90 minute massage scheduled at 3 down the road, so I had to clean up quick and get there double quick! Thankfully, I had just finished painting, so it wasn't a big deal...though i almost forgot my gift certificate (taht I've had since maybe chrismtas, but never had time to use it!!).

That massage was PERFECT!!! Or at least I THINK it was...IDK for sure, I was asleep! lol It was so relaxing, I actually fell asleep a few times during the massage!! Dimmed lights, soft music, wonderful massage...do they REALLY expect me to stay awake?! lol

After the massage, I got to go in the steam shower that is so wonderful! Though someone left it on...after waiting forever, I finally knocked only to find out there was nobody in there...someone just left it on! grrr...so when I got finished, I went home to Gordon and we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse...yum! Gordon took Madison to the bathroom as we sat down and I guess he told them it was my birthday bc as we were about to leave they came and sang. I really dont care for that, but I thought it'd be neat for Madison to see bc she always gets so excited when they sing to other ppl and she sings and claps along! So for her sake, i'm glad he told them! :)

Mom was waiting at home with a cake for my birthday. Heather and the kids came bc Joey had to study, then my dad got home from work. We got to have some yummy birthday cake and ice cream. Madison even gave me a gift...she had picked it out at the store: A glass jar candle, a loofah and some body wash...I love it when the kids pick out such random gifts! She bought it yesterday, I guess, bc last night she told me, "we have a surprise for you. It's for your birthday...its in the closet". So much for keeping secrets! lol

Katelyn was exhausted and ready for bed (it was nearly 8 when we got to mom's and K is in bed by 7 every night) so Gordon went to take her home after we did cake/ice cream...while I stayed and hung out with the fam...

When I got home, I found that Gordon had bought me flowers (I hadn't been home since this morning!)...my fave: tulips! They were beautiful! :)


I had such a fun filled day, that it never occurred to me until about 11pm that having such a fun birthday still means its a birthday...which means I'm now a year older! lol Then I had to think about how old I am now! I always forget...can never remember...guess that's a good thing bc it means I dont think about my age much and let it bother me, like some ppl who hate telling how old they are. I just dont get that. oh well.....Had a great birthday with tons of sweet messages from my friends/family on FB! :)

No comments: