Friday, February 19, 2010

What happened to my feet?

I swear, all of a sudden (after my last appointment, of course), my feet and hands have been swelling sooooo much! By the end of the day, my feet look like pillows, not actual feet. It's ridiculous. Tuesday, I was at my mom's in the evening while Gordon was bowling and the swelling was so bad that I could push my thumb into my skin and it would stay indented for a few minutes. MINUTES, not seconds. It is soooooo uncomfortable and every step hurts. It even kind of hurts to bend my hand enough to hold a pencil. Not fun. What's gross, is that when I walk, I can literally feel the water sloshing around in my feet. It's disgusting...truly disgusting! I remember when that happpened with Madison, my doc sent me over for a nonstress test at the hospital. Hmmm, wonder if I should be concerned?

This week has been soooo exhausting...and it was only a 4 day week, bc we had the day off for President's day. I took Madison to school and Katelyn to my mom's on President's Day since I had the day off, I was GOING to get some things done. Well, top of my list was Katelyn's bday invitation and by the time I got Madison to school, after taking her to get a special breakfast of donuts, it was already near 11am. I had my doc's appointment at 3:30, so I didn't really have that much time. I spent a few hours on the computer, SITTING DOWN, and my feet were still swollen. I fell asleep in Madison's bed while putting her to bed the other night and woke up around 3:30am....my feet were huge swollen pillows...and I had been laying down since at least 8pm when I put her to bed!!!! WTH?!

I'm soooooo not the type of person to just sit around, so it never occurred to me to take leave from work before I had the baby, like some people do. I just figured I'd work until my due date just like I did with Katelyn. Well, this week has proven to be too much with the swelling and everything. I tried to wear sandals to school (despite the fact that it snowed last week!), but that didnt help...there was just a ridge where the sandals started, where the water/swelling gathered. I put my tennis shoes on the other day, loosened them all the way and they were still tight. I finally gave up and brought slippers to school. I wear those throughout the day when I'm in class and TRY to remember to put on my real shoes bf I go out in the hall! lol I told my principal this week, that next week would probably be my last week. I told my mom tuesday that if I could, I'd take my leave already. Guess she mentioned it to my dad bc he called and told me to take off early and he'd take care of it. I was talking to Nabeel later in the week and he said the same thing. So nice to have such a supportive family. I couldn't imagine living without them!

So I was thinking I'd have to have a doc's medical excuse to start leave early, then did some research online to find that I can start leave anytime, as long as it concludes within 12 months of the birth. If I do take leave this week, though that means I'll be coming back to work a week earlier than planned and I also havent had my formal evaluation done yet. Not sure why it wasn't done last semester, probably all of this RTI and other stuff the district has piled on this year. Either way, I had one scheduled for last week, but the snowy weather prevented my VP from getting to school, so it wasn't done. I have one scheduled for this thursday, so hopefully it'll get done. I have to work Monday, then have my doc's appt that afternoon. I think I'll take Tues and Wed off as "mental health days"! Then i have to go to work Thursday for my observation...lets hope the kids arent too crazy after the sub (which will be my long term sub, so I know she'll keep them in line)...but at this point, honestly, I'm too exhausted to even care. Then I think I'll take off Friday and I'll start my leave on Monday. I just have to get my paperwork, lesson plans, etc in line this week. *sigh* I'm so done with this!

I think having a week or so with my feet up just might get me enough rest to have enough energy to have a baby!!!

No comments: