Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pukefest, Round Two...Make That Round Three!

Pukefest, Round Two: Katelyn's Turn
Saturday morning, around 1am crying a different cry and then I heard a suspicious noise and I thought she puked. I went upstairs to get her, but her clothes were dry, but I was sure I heard an odd noise, so I turned on the light and sure enough, her bed was covered in puke. Guess she must have been lying on her tummy. So another early morning shower for me, as I cleaned her off. I handed her to Gordon while I washed my hair and just as I finished and turned off the water, he came back in the bathroom with her and said "youre not done! she just puked again" so I washed her off again. Then I sat downstairs with her with a trash can. She sort of had a squeal right bf she'd puke and that was my warning sign! lol She did puke a little on the carpet, then after that every now and then she'd just spit a little. I sat on the couch with her for a while and she fell asleep on my shoulder. I didn't want to put her in her crib, in case she puked again. So I just held her.

Round Three: My Turn
Meanwhile, ever since she woke up, my heartburn had been acting up, so I took a zantac after the first shower this morning. Well, maybe it wasnt heartburn after all...around 5am as i had sat here on the couch, holding a sleeping Katelyn and sleeping sitting up, all of a sudden I felt like I was going to be sick. So I had to quickly lay her down on the couch and use that trash can for myself! Gordon came and got Katelyn and held her, rocking her back to sleep. After a while, he took her upstairs with him and I tried to go back to sleep. I guess I fell asleep, bc I woke up when they all came downstairs around 8am. I was fine at first, then a few minutes later, I puked again. It seemed like if i sat up, I was fine, but when I laid down, that's when I got sick. So I tried to sleep while sitting up, and it worked for a while, but it's much harder to sleep, obviously!

Because backaches, heartburn, swollen feet and sick kids wasn't enough at a million months pregnant, we'll just add my own puking to the mix. Ah, what fun.

I was sick all day and puked a few more times. I managed to suck on some ice chips throughout the day bc my mouth was so incredibly dry, but I didnt want to drink a lot or eat anything at all. I did manage to eat 2 crackers for dinner. I was worried poor baby Andrew was starving, but then again, even if I did eat something it'd come right back up anyways. By the time I woke up in the morning, Katelyn seemed fine and Gordon said she didnt throw up any more times that night, so I guess she was better. She acted fine. Honestly, I told her I was jealous! lol But I was hopeful that I'd be fine, soon, too! lol

By the evening, I was feeling alright, still lightheaded and a little queasy, but didnt puke any more. I went to lay down around 7pm or so, and slept for a while...until about 10, I think. Then I got up and managed to eat two more crackers and some more ice chips. Man, being sick sucks, especially when you're about 9months pregnant!!!! So glad it was only a 12 hr or so bug! I had planned on going to a MNI with my mom's group, but obviously didn't make it. Boo. :(

But we all seem to be doing well today, so I'm just glad we're not all still sick!

No comments: