This kid is a linebacker! He was 4 months old on the 27th, and he is 16lbs 10oz already. He is in the 80th percentile for weight...he started at 30th, then went to 75th at his last checkup at 2mo! (I THOUGHT that baby bucket was getting heavy! I can't wait till he can sit up, so I can use the convertible seat!!!). He is 27.5 inches long, which puts him in the 95th percentile for height (for those who dont remember how percentiles work, that means he's taller than 95% of kids his age!!!) and his head circumference was 17" (not really sure why that matters), and he was in the 60th I think?
He is still eating every 2.5 to 3 hours...mostly around 3 hrs, but every now and then he'll eat a bit sooner. I'm SO ready for him to stretch out his feedings! He's still taking 4 oz at each feeding, whihc he has been doing since about 2mo, I guess. at 2months old he weighed 12 lbs and was eating every two hours, except at night he'd go about 3 hrs...that means he was eating roughly 9-10 bottles a day @ 4oz each...so he was eating about 36-40 oz! hes supposed to eat twice his weight in ounces. He was 12 lbs so he should be taking 24oz. Ya, right! This kid would NOT be happy! So I just continued with 4oz and tried to stretch his feedings. Now he's closer to 3 hrs most of the time, which means about 8 feedings at 4oz and that is 32onces. He weighs 16lbs so he should be drinking exactly 32 oz. We're going to start cereal tomorrow, so hopefully that will help him go longer bt feedings, too.
I love Dr. Hull...Dr. Stacey, as we call her, everytime I go in there, its just like chatting with an old friend. She and I talked about my kids and her kids (she has two and they're 14mo apart) and how to manage with the two babies so close in age. We talked about how she is able to shop with both of them and even talked about our kids' clothes and where we buy them. LOVE that we can just sort of chit chat when we have an appt...that makes me feel very comfortable with her and its tons easier to trust her judgement on things!!!
Andrew JUST started trying yesterday and was stuck on the arm in the way, but with a little shove from me, he got over. So today, I layed him on his playmat and walked away to do some dishes. All of a sudden I heard a muffled cry and I found him like this:

I think he was pissed bc he turned over but his face was in the mat...then he was able to lift up his big ol' noggin!

Yay for my big boy!!! Pretty soon, he'll be sitting up, even!


No comments:
Post a Comment