Friday, November 27, 2009

BLACK FRIDAY- Let the Madness Begin!!!




Gordon and I were planning to get up and be at home depot at 4am, since they open at 6. I want to get the maytag front load washer/dryer set, but not sure how many they have. I know the kenmore I was looking at over at Sears said they only had 7, so I figure it's one of those deals. Gordon woke me up around 3:15 (note: I had only been asleep since 12:15 or so!). I made us some hot chocolate to take along, had bought a bag of hostess donuts for breakfast, and off we went. Gordon went in his car, bc he was going to check out the line at the mansfield home depot and I was going to see the one here by our house next to target. Well, I got there and there was NO LINE! lol I called Gordon and he headed over to the home depot by us. Meanwhile, I told him I was going to get in line at target since they open at 5 and home depot doesnt open till 6. Theyre usually pretty fast, so I figured I could get in and out by 6. I waited in line till they opened at 5 and we went in...but there was a crowd of people across the driveway who hadn't bothered to go in line and all the ppl in line were eyeing that crowd talking about them...I was impressed that target employees went and told those ppl to go to the end of the line. Although some of them didnt move....some walked to the end....whihc was FAR. I guess they must have told them after the line goes in THEN they can go in, bc they all stayed there while the line moved in. There was actually one lady who ignored all of that, and went in anyways, and the employees actually went in after her and escorted her out of the store, back across the street with the waiting crowd. I guess that's only fair, since we'd been in line at least an hour, and these guys just walked up at opening time! lol
Well, I went in and got a few things on my list:
-portable dvd players (got both the individual dvd portable player (2 actually) and also the dual...couldn't decide which so I'll return one later)
-um, somehting for my mom, which i wont mention bc she reads this (HI MOM!)
-some leapster games for madison
-leapster 2 for madison
-vmotion games for madison (planning on getting the $60 vmotion system for $30 later today at wally world)
-a bissell steam mop
-pj's for the kids...all three of them!
-games for madison
-fuzzy blankets (tehy are sooooooooooo warm!)
-some dvds for my brother
-some hoodies for the girls
-regular dvd player

then just as I finished and drove over to home depot, gordon said the line was just going in as i called him. I met him by the appliances and got the washer/dryer. They maytags were $599 each, normally $899, so when we bought both, it was saving $600, which is about like getting one of them free, since theyre $600 today! I also got two pedestals that were 229, on sale for 150, plus free shipping...can't beat that! We saved about $800 total with a coupon my cousin had given me...can't ask for too much more than that!!! Made getting up easy and totally worht it!!! Although, it took the lady forever to find the product number for the pedestals, but she was REALLY sweet and great, and after we got done she said come to the front later (since she usually works in the customer svc area or soemthing) and she'd give us $25 off another purchase. On our way out the door, gordon wanted to buy madison a blow up santa for the front yard. They were out of the 7' Santa, so we got the display. She is really into Santa this year, so it will be neat for her.

Then we went home to unload the car, and I asked Gordon to go with me to Kohl's bc they always have super long, slow lines. So I was planning on him standing in line as i shopped. It was about 7 when we left home depot, so I guess the crowds thinned out a little. Kohl's wasn't that bad...they had no carts, I had to get one from someone who was returning it, and the line wasn't bad, but it was a little long. We did a little shopping and got:
-washcloths/hand towels/bath towels for 50cents, 1.50 and 2.50 each...great deal and pretty colors!
-something for my mom (again, not mentioning it bc she reads this...HI MOM!)
-something else for mom
-I wanted this cute apron in the ad for madison and me...sort of coordinating, bc she LOVES to help me cook...but they were out...oh, well. We have some from last year, but this one was cute!!!
-a bracelet for me that says "a daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend" engraved on it.
Gordon helped me shop, then got in line bf I was done, so by the time I was done, he was being rung up already. great timing!!!

So then he took our stuff and went home. I stopped for breakfast at chicfila...yummo!!! then went to the walmart next to chicfila in mansfield. I really wanted a v.smile v.motion game console for Madison. They're $60 but they had it on sale for $30...however, I'm not anywhere near crazy enough to brave the midnight walmart crowds. nothankyouverymuch!!! So I thought I'd stop in and see what they had left. Unfortunately, they were all out of the vsmile thing...not surprisingly...it's a GREAT deal!!! But I asked a lady anyways, she said they didn't have anymore, but that I should look through the carts left around, where they had collected stray items and were reshelving them. I looked around at a few carts as I walked around and didn't see any, so I was just going to leave then I decided to go down this other aisle on my way to look for some pajamas that were on sale...and lo and behold, there was ONE v.smile v.motion game console stuck in the middle of this stray cart a lady was reshelving stuff from, so I, of course, dug it out and was so happy I found it!! I also bought some v.smile games at walmart...or maybe they were leapster games...its all a blur at the moment. lol
I found a neat light jacket for myself (shocker...never buy clothes at walmart! lol), but it is neat bc its reversible and it also has a fleece liner that you can use or take out. Also bought a puffer jacket for $7, which is nice, bc the only heavy jacket I have is a nice peacoat, so I don't want it to get dirty. But hey, for $7 the puffer can get all wet and dirty and who cares. I was going to buy the girls a puffer, too, but they were all out. Of course, it WAS 9:30 already, so you can't be too surprised. I also bought Madison this life size doll that is maybe almost 3 feet tall and comes with 2 outfits. i think she'll love that it's so big!

Yet again, I stopped at home to leave stuff at home since I was heading to the mall and didn't want to leave a ton of bags in my car, since I have no real trunk to hide things in. Then I was off to sears to look for some massaging slippers (those would SOOOOOOOOOOOO come in handy right about now!!!). I also grabbed another dvd player, and found a toaster (red!) that is just what I had been looking for. It sort of has guides for the food, so nothing falls in between the "floor" of the toaster slot and the side of it. I'm so stinking tired of pop tarts falling in between...then I hand them to madison in pieces. She's not so thrilled with it either....despite the fact that this is a "pop tarts" toaster...I mean it even has a "pop tarts" setting on the dial! you'd think they'd makeit so they dont fall in! So i'll just replace it...now I have a pretty red one to match my pretty red washer and dryer! lol then when I was checking out, I decided I'm not sure what we need another dvd player for, so i put it back since I bought one this morning at target.

I was just dragging myself back to teh car...and it was OOOOOONLY 10:30!!!! I was almost falling asleep driving home, so i called my mom to tell her I was on my way home (and to stay awake, since I was talking to someone!).

I wanted to go to staples to get soemthing for my dad, but I was just too tired...had ZERO energy to go there...i'll just pay full price for it tomorrow...or maybe it'll still be there and on sale...oh, well...too tired to care about sales anymore!
Luckily, when i got to my parents' house, Katelyn had just fallen asleep and my awesome parents told me to go take a nap. i just laid on the couch with madiosn and we both fell asleep. Then I woke up and found her drawing on some paper, and everyoen else was asleep...my mom, dad and katelyn were all out cold. I made Madison some lunch...her favorite: CANCAKES (pancakes)!!!! Just then Katelyn woke up and I fed her some yummy peas...well, pureed peas...as yummy as can be I supppose! After a while everyone was up and we were leaving to go to target. My dad said, "you were just there this morning" but I had to clarify him that BF morning is NOT time for shopping for groceries. You get in, get out and get to the next store!!! I was actually going for milk and eggs, etc this time around.
All in all it was a great Black Friday! Got some awesome deals and didn't have to stand in line too long. I can't wait for my new washer and dryer to arrive!!! They're delivering it on December 22! Yippee, Skippee!!!

Now, I'm off to bed again...well, I should say off to sleep. I don't sleep in my bed much at this point, bc the stupid pregnancy heartburn keeps me awake. I sleep on the couch with a coushin up against the side, so I can sleep inclined. I get much better sleep that way. I'm exhausted though, so even the pg heartburn probably couldn't keep me awake anyways!!! lol

No comments: