
Katelyn has been receiving speech services from ECI since the summer started. I called them on May 15 and all she was saying was "mamamamamamamamama" to everything, not to identify me. Miss Amy has been coming out to see her every two weeks and gives us ideas of what to do for her to help her. When they initially evaluated her on June 10, they said she was functioning at the language level of an 11 mo old, and she was actually 15mo. She was also screaming a LOT! She'd get frustrated and since she can't talk, she'll scream. nice.
So far, she's learned so many words! Usually she will have picked up one or maybe two words between Miss Amy's visits. Last time, on August 11, she hadn't learned ANY words since Miss Amy had come the last visit. I was disappointed, and thought she wasn't progressing much.
THIS time, she has learned a TON of words! Miss Amy just came to visit Wednesday and since she was here last time, Katelyn has learned to say:
(word- sounds like)
Mimi-Mimi (she used to call my mom "mama" but now she actually says mimi)
bag-ba (when I take the babies to my mom's in the morning, Katelyn likes to wear her little backpack that has her and Andrew's clothes. She's so cute wearing it!)
cracker- caca (she eats crackers for a snack sometimes and says this as she's eating it)
drink- dink (she wanted my bottle of water and she pointed to it and said dink)
glasses-gaga (she picked up my mom's glasses and said it)
get it- ge de (she uses this alllllll the time. So cute!)
baby- baby (I got her out of her crib and she heard Andrew crying, she pointed and said "baby")
I Dont Know- She didnt say it with words, but she gestured with her arms up. I asked her "Where's Andrew" and she looked at me, put her arms up/out to say IDK)
She's already picked up more words since Miss Amy was here on Wednesday. She now says "gone-gone" which sounds like ga ga while she's signing "all done" and either "this" or "that"...not sure whihc one she's trying to say. She points at something and says "the" (soft e like egg).
words she's already been saying:
mama- mama
dada-dada
cup-gup
go-go
uh-oh- uh
this- dis
that-da
here-ear
more- mo
she's also signed bye, milk, more, all done
So far, she's learned so many words! Usually she will have picked up one or maybe two words between Miss Amy's visits. Last time, on August 11, she hadn't learned ANY words since Miss Amy had come the last visit. I was disappointed, and thought she wasn't progressing much.
THIS time, she has learned a TON of words! Miss Amy just came to visit Wednesday and since she was here last time, Katelyn has learned to say:
(word- sounds like)
Mimi-Mimi (she used to call my mom "mama" but now she actually says mimi)
bag-ba (when I take the babies to my mom's in the morning, Katelyn likes to wear her little backpack that has her and Andrew's clothes. She's so cute wearing it!)
cracker- caca (she eats crackers for a snack sometimes and says this as she's eating it)
drink- dink (she wanted my bottle of water and she pointed to it and said dink)
glasses-gaga (she picked up my mom's glasses and said it)
get it- ge de (she uses this alllllll the time. So cute!)
baby- baby (I got her out of her crib and she heard Andrew crying, she pointed and said "baby")
I Dont Know- She didnt say it with words, but she gestured with her arms up. I asked her "Where's Andrew" and she looked at me, put her arms up/out to say IDK)
She's already picked up more words since Miss Amy was here on Wednesday. She now says "gone-gone" which sounds like ga ga while she's signing "all done" and either "this" or "that"...not sure whihc one she's trying to say. She points at something and says "the" (soft e like egg).
words she's already been saying:
mama- mama
dada-dada
cup-gup
go-go
uh-oh- uh
this- dis
that-da
here-ear
more- mo
she's also signed bye, milk, more, all done
pretty soon, she'll be talking nonstop! Madison had a language explosion when she was 18months old. In that one month, she picked up 63 new words! At that point, I stopped counting. Now she's four and BOY can she talk!!!!! I'm hoping Katelyn has that pretty soon. She has stopped screaming as much. In fact, she screamed when Miss Amy was here and it occurred to me that I couldn't remember the last time she screamed. That is WONDERFUL! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment