Friday, August 7, 2009

My early ultrasound!

We went this afternoon to my early ultrasound. I'm 8 weeks and 5 days today. I actually wanted to make it later, so we could see better...like next week, but they're full. oh, well. We got to see the baby and the baby's heartbeat...which was pitter pattering away at 179bpm! Holy heartbeat, batman! But I've heard that its really fast at first, then slows down. I don't really remember what my other two had this early. We could tell there was a head and sort of little stubs for the legs/arms coming in. It was so small and kind of hard to see, though. The tech said, "oh, there's a good shot, let's see if we can get a 3D peek really quick" so she switched it over to 3D and got a good little picture! Its so small that even when she zoomed in and did the 3D pic, it still looks kind of far away, but its neat to be able to see that already! the 2D sono's are so hard to interpret, but the 3D definitely looks like a little bean growing! Its all rounded, kind of like the shape of a lima bean at this point.



Everything looks good, Blood pressure is excellent and I've already lost about 10lbs since I got BFP. Hoping to lose another 5 or so, bf the first tri is over! lol I lost 12 with madison, 13 with Katelyn, so 15 isn't out of reach, I think! lol Not that I'm trying to lose weight, it just happens when I get pg. So, it's a good thing, though!!! lol I only gained abt 15 with Madison and 12 lbs with Katelyn, so we'll see how this one goes!!!



After the appt, I took Katelyn with me and went to buy her some headbands with a spot for regular bows, and Gordon wanted to go to putt putt for Madison. It was too hot for Katelyn, so I told him to just go spend time with Madison and give her plenty of water!!! So they went and had a great time, and Katelyn and I went home to relax. What a great day!



I have to scan the pics to put them online, so hopefully I can get that done tomorrow!

No comments: